Easy Egg Salad for Easter Egg Overload

By
Advertisement
sandwich-on-plate.jpg
It’s that time of year when many families with children find that their baskets and refrigerators runneth over with hard-boiled eggs. What to do with them all?! My favorite solution to the problem has always been deviled eggs, but today I am going to share with you my second favorite. Egg Salad Sandwiches! I love egg salad and as far as I’m concerned, the simpler the recipe, the better. Some things in life are not meant to be fooled around with and I believe that egg salad is one of those things. So, you will find nothing fancy in my egg salad and I’m pretty sure you’ll like it that way too! I learned to make it this way from my mother-in-law Sharon, who makes the most amazing egg salad but curiously, won’t eat it herself.
This recipe uses mustard powder rather than prepared mustard, and if you use enough, the salad will have a little bite. Feel free to add more mustard powder than the recipe says if you, like me, enjoy just a bit of that hot mustard burn. If not (wimp), just follow the recipe instructions, and you’ll have a nice, mild, creamy, eggy experience. Also, try using a pastry blender to chop your eggs…you won’t believe you actually used to chop them all by hand!
Update: To learn how to make perfect hard-boiled eggs, head over to Kalyn’s Kitchen for instructions and more hard-boiled egg recipes!
chopping-eggs.jpg
Easy Egg Salad
4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
1/4 – 1/2 C. mayonnaise
1 – 2 t. Coleman’s mustard powder
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
  1. Place whole eggs in a bowl and, using a pastry blender, mash eggs until they are finely chopped.
  2. Add 1/4 C. mayo and 1 t. mustard powder then stir to blend. Taste and then adjust amounts of mayo and mustard powder to suit your own taste.
  3. Season well with salt and pepper.
  4. Serve on your choice of bread.
Yield: enough for two sandwiches

sandwich.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment