Weekday Brunch

By
Advertisement
cheddar-chive-omelette-for-web.jpg
I was in a rush this morning and pretty much forgot all about breakfast. I’m not much of a breakfast eater during the week but I usually force myself to at least eat some cereal and yogurt by 10 a.m. But when I came home today at lunchtime, I realized that I hadn’t eaten anything at all. I wanted something quick and filling but not too heavy and the first thing that came to mind was eggs.
It’s when I’m hungry that I get creative in the kitchen. I don’t want to spend the time searching through recipes and my growling stomach doesn’t give me time to “overthink” what I’m throwing together, it’s more intuitive. So today, this omelette recipe just kind of happened. Luckily, It turned out really, really good and I’ll definitely be making it again!
Cheddar, Chive and Sour Cream Omelette
2 eggs
1 T. sour cream
1 T. water
1/2 T. fresh snipped chives
Salt
Fresh ground pepper
1/2 T. butter
1/4 C. grated extra sharp cheddar
  1. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, sour cream, and water with a fork until well blended. Stir in chives, a pinch of salt some some fresh ground pepper.
  2. Heat a nonstick skilled (8 or 10 inches) over medium heat. Add butter and swirl around. Pour egg mixture into pan and cook until the top is almost set. Gently loosen omelet and carefully flip it over in the pan. Sprinkle cheddar on one half and gently fold the omelet over the cheese. Serve immediately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment