Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes

By
Advertisement
mini-pumpkin-cheesecakes-for-web.jpg
As predicted in my last post, I have another pumpkin recipe for you. This is the second mini cheesecake recipe on this site and each time I use my mini cheesecake pan, I love it even more. It’s easy to use, easy to clean and I’ve had perfect results each time. The best part about baking mini cheesecakes rather than a full-size cake is that you don’t have to worry about slicing it! I have to be the world’s worst dessert slicer! It doesn’t matter whether it’s pie, cake or cheesecake, the slices always turn out horrible! Now I’m starting to understand the recent popularity of cupcakes…they look so cute and perfect with no slicing involved :-)
As I was looking around for a pumpkin cheesecake recipe, I saw that one of them was topped with cinnamon whipped cream. I ended up making up my own cheesecake recipe rather than using any of the ones I found, but the idea for cinnamon whipped cream stuck in my head. I always whip my own cream but I had never thought of adding flavoring to it. When it came time to serve the cheesecakes, I decided to try adding a little ground cinnamon along with the usual vanilla and powdered sugar and it turned out to be the perfect topping for these cheesecakes. It will also be my new favorite topping for any pumpkin or apple pie from now on.
Unfortunately, I didn’t get a photo of the cheesecakes after they were topped with the cream but you can take my word for it that they looked good ;-) You can change up the amount and type of spices in this recipe to suit your own taste. If you have pumpkin pie spice on hand, you can just use that to replace all of the other spices. If you want to experiment with the spices but don’t like the idea of tasting the batter with raw egg, blend together everything except the egg and keep adding spices and tasting until you get the flavor you want. Then add the egg and continue with the recipe. Speaking of the recipe, here it is:
For this recipe, you will need a Mini Cheesecake Pan
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Filling:
1 eight oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/2 C. canned pumpkin (or cooked and mashed fresh pumpkin)
1 egg plus 1 egg white, slightly beaten
1/4 C. packed brown sugar
2 T. maple syrup
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. ground ginger
1/8 t. ground nutmeg
dash cloves
Crust:
1 C. graham cracker crumbs
2 T. brown sugar
1/3 stick melted butter
1 T. maple syrup
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. nutmeg
Topping:
1 C. heavy cream
powdered sugar to taste
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1/2 t. cinnamon
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix crust ingredients until well combined. Divide mixture evenly between the 12 cups. Press crumbs firmly on bottom and 1/3 up sides of each cup. Set aside.
  3. In a separate medium bowl, blend filling ingredients together until smooth. Spoon this mixture into each crust-lined cup, dividing evenly between all 12.
  4. Place cheesecake pan into the preheated oven and bake for 14 minutes. Remove from oven and place on rack to cool for 20 minutes. Carefully remove cheesecakes from pan by pressing up from the bottom of each cup. Let cheesecakes cool completely on wire rack then refrigerate until ready to serve.
  5. Just before serving, combine the cream, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon and whip until soft peaks form. Serve the cheesecakes topped with the cinnamon whipped cream.
  6. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment