End of Summer Peach Sorbet

By
Advertisement
peach-sorbet-for-web.jpg
Well it’s a little late in the summer but I finally got an ice cream maker! It’s one of those things that I’ve always thought would be nice to have but with my lack of storage space in the kitchen and history of purchasing kitchen appliances that never get used, I couldn’t really justify getting one. But lately I’ve gotten into reading so many yummy food blogs and I’ve seen lots of tempting photos and recipes for homemeade ice cream. It was Mae’s Blueberry Ice Cream that finally pushed me over the edge and I broke down and ordered the ice cream maker.
Since I still have some frozen peaches left in the freezer, the first thing I decided to make was some peach sorbet. I didn’t have a recipe but I adapted the mango sorbet recipe from the Cuisinart recipe booklet that came with the machine. It turned out really well! This recipe works for a 1 1/2 quart ice cream maker.
Peach Sorbet
4 C. fresh or frozen sliced peaches
2/3 C. sugar
1/2 C. corn syrup
1 T. fresh lemon juice
  1. Defrost peaches if using frozen.
  2. Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until thick and smooth.
  3. Freeze peach mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer instructions.
  4. Sorbet should be thickened in about 25 minutes; Scoop sorbet into a freezer-safe container and freeze for a few hours.
  5. Buon Appetito!
On another note, if you’ve been here before, you might have noticed a few changes on my site today. Ok, so maybe a lot of changes. Let me know what you think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment